Menu

help me pack--trip to Germany...

I'm going to Germany with my parents on a garden tour which will most likely include mostly older folks. The trip is in less than a month. I haven't traveled in a long time. I visited Germany for a month in 1984 as a college student. I've never traveled with this type of group (not really my plan--another story). Anyway, what do I pack for 11 days. If I were on my own I'd be inclined to continue my standard summer uniform (sport shorts, white t shirt, sandals/running shoes). I don't care about looking like a tourist, but I don't want to look odd for this group. I've never traveled with an organized group and don't know protocol. I guess I can be different since I'll be younger, but what's inappropriate. What must I bring. I suspect I need to go shopping.

I don't know about groups like that, but when we visited Germany I dressed for comfort--jeans or kakhi shorts, easy tops. Think layers.

Good walking shoes. In fact, more than one pair so you can switch out every other day.

A light, rain jacket is handy because the weather can be damp at times.

Have a delightful time.

Sounds wonderful! Have a great time!

Will you have a place to stow your stuff, or will you be carrying your personal items with you? (hat, maps, snacks, water, light rain jacket, etc.) Do you have a comfortable daypack/shoulder bag? Check out REI's travel section (and then compare prices with Zappos!) for day bags.

I like skirts for travel btw...those kind that are all wrinkly that you store all scrunched up are great!