Menu

I have to share my excitement!!

It's been a long week.... but on the DD2 special needs area, it's been a good one!

SHe had an initial appointment with the Dev Optometrist wednesday afternoon, that netted a diagnosis of, "Double Vision with Convergence Excess", and the need for the complete testing.

Then, because we'd been to a variety of doctors at Nemour's in Orlando, we are follow-up patients instead of new patients... which means we get sooner appointments. I've been able to schedule:

endocrinology

genetics (not till August though, UGH)

ENT

AND, the biggie, they just set up her testing for Auditory Processing Disorder on June 19th!!!! :party:

She is a walking example of about all the symptoms they list at the HSLDA Special needs link (I really like these links - nice and concise). I've mentioned it for a few years that i thought she had it - but no one wanted to "go there". So now we are!!!

Of course, now all the "easy" ones are done.... moving on to dental and orthopedics. Our old Ortho's are on the plan we are on, UGH. I don't do new orthopedics well.....

BUT, i got my Vision diagnosis that i knew we'd get, and now we will get the Auditory one!! :D

OK, enough avoiding another phone call.....

Thanks guys....

I"m back to staring at the provider book.

I need a Neuropsych and/or Behavioral & Developmental referral... and a doc accepting patients.

There are no Neuropsych's in the book, so do i just go for the Dev Ped? Do they do the same thing - but with a different name? I know that her Genetic condition is predisposed to a slew of "stuff", the booklet on it says to ask the Endo about it. I guess if i haven't figured it out by that appointment i will. I just need to complete this list of referrals i need for the PCP.

This and a dentist is going to do me in..... :tongue_smilie:

I cna't blame my oldest child for not wanting to stare into someone's mouth all day... but dang, she should go to dental school! LOL!!

I never post...but, this time I might have something to add....

My DH is a neuroradiologist....dealing with neuropsychologists, neurologists and developmental peds are part and parcel of his job. I put your quiestion to him....

His reply..." A neuropsychologist is a phd, a dev ped an MD...but, the services and area of expertise overlaps, I'd go with the one insurance will pay for."

HTH

Thank you (and your DH) - that helps! The info i was finding seemed like they overlapped a lot - but its been a long week and i don't trust myself.

I don't do this HMO stuff well, and i'll dig into the list that is in the book.... i just hope the PCP is prepared for my list of referrals i'll be asking for :D

Guest Celestemmcknight

When did you have your twins? What week were you at? 37 weeks and 2 daysDid they have to spend time in the hospital? If so, how long. We spent 5 days. That was all the insurance would allow.