Menu

Any other serious young writers?

Misty

My daughter writes constantly and she is ready to submit some of her work to publishers. She has spent the past two years writing a book series. I am very nervous about this whole process as I know nothing about it. She is VERY talented and produces very nice work. She is 11.

I have created a yahoo group called write_at_home, hoping to connect with other homeschool parents who have serious young writers. I will be doing tons of research as I approach the publishing stage of all this. If any of you have talented young writers who dream of being published, please consider joining my group so we can share info (because I'm clueless!).

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/write_at_home/

Check out the writer's forum Forward Motion. They have a closed subsection for young writers, and the advice on that site is GOOD. At least on the grown-up part, I know it is. They run workshops and classes and all sorts of stuff, and you can find people to swap writing and practice critiques. Plus some of the owners and moderators are published and can give suggestions on how to get started.

I've not been on the forum for a few months, but I spent much of last year there and I learned tons.

Also, Susan Marlow runs a writing program which I *think* is a free one, and she's got a blog with it at Homeschool Blogger. I don't have the link.