Menu

Life of Fred??

Donna T.

Oh, my! I just discovered Life of Fred! Where have I been??

Question: when (age/grade) would be the best time to start the books? My oldest son has done MathUSee Alpha, Beta, and Gamma. He will do Delta (division) next year in 5th grade. Could he start LOF: Fractions after Delta? So, that would be around 6th grade. I read where the author of LOF said that four years is sufficient to cover all of his LOF books, so it sounds like starting in 6th or 7th would be about right.

I've read different views on this, just wondering what is the best course.

I plan on starting the LOF Fractions book with my 5th grader this coming school year.

(He'll be using TT Math 6 as his math textbook and he'll finish up the curriculum in March or April -- if I remember correctly! -- and then he'll use LOF until the end of the school year, which is the 1st or 2nd week of June).

Oh, my! I just discovered Life of Fred! Where have I been??

Question: when (age/grade) would be the best time to start the books? My oldest son has done MathUSee Alpha, Beta, and Gamma. He will do Delta (division) next year in 5th grade. Could he start LOF: Fractions after Delta? So, that would be around 6th grade. I read where the author of LOF said that four years is sufficient to cover all of his LOF books, so it sounds like starting in 6th or 7th would be about right.

I've read different views on this, just wondering what is the best course.

I think it would be perfect timing for your son. My daughter is finishing up 6th grade this year and we started the fractions book this year and she is enjoying it immensely and not having any trouble keeping up with it at all. She says it's easy. :)