Menu

SL Science 6 for 8th Grade??

jibaker103

I am considering this for my rising 8th grade ds. He has specifically asked for biology, chemistry, and physics. He would also like to do some forensic science!

What are your opinions? Is this too young for him? How are the labs? Are they to simple for his age? Can it be beefed up with dissections and other lab kits recommended in the TWTM and be ok for 8th grade?

He did not like Exploring Creation with Biology because it was not enough action for him from the start. I like the idea of these books for guidance for me. He is itching to turn our kitchen into a laboratory tomorrow, lol!

Jennifer

Mother to Noah Age 13

Yes, I've seen it. I'm a little concerned because one of the books they used got really bad reviews! I'm thinking of putting something together myself with books from the library for a 10-12 week unit along with the SL Science 6.

Are you purchasing everything new from Sonlight? What about equipment and supplies needed?

Jennifer

Mother to Noah Age 13