Menu

Artistic Pursuits - anyone use this program? Jr High?

titianmom

Hi,

Can anyone give me info and opinions on this art program?

Thanks!

Kim

Depends on your kid. Mine is extremely artistic and doesn't want to be told what to do. She goes to watercolour classes but other than that, is self taught. I tried AP twice- including the Junior High- and she just rebelled.

I do think its a good program, and I wanted it to work for us, but after trying twice, don't think I will try again.

Depends on your kid. Mine is extremely artistic and doesn't want to be told what to do. She goes to watercolour classes but other than that, is self taught. I tried AP twice- including the Junior High- and she just rebelled.

I do think its a good program, and I wanted it to work for us, but after trying twice, don't think I will try again.

I had similar experiences with my dd, Storm, who also takes outside art classes each year. We enjoyed AP books in the lower grades, but by 5th grade Storm wanted to do art her way. That said, my eldest enjoyed the drawing & ink lessons of the high school level.

She's very good for her age and never even liked coloring books--rather draw her own pics and color them as a little kid. She definitely marches to the beat of her own drum when it comes to art.

However, she'd also watch veggie tales and use the drawing programs included...so I was hoping to do a video/dvd program but they're incredibly expensive, IMHO.

Kim