Menu

Exploration Education Science: evolution or creation science POV?

camibami

This looks awesome...if its not young earth creation science. I am thinking of using the upper level for my had-very-little-science older DD. I was going to bite the bullet and use PH, but frankly it looks b-o-r-i-n-g and a pain to implement as it is geared for classroom use. This looks way more user-friendly.

Please, please tell me if it is young earth science!I am ok (and firmly believe) in old-earth, evolution as the means of creation based science, ie we are not athiests or anything and some references to God are fine. But I can't do young earth science. The website doesn't mention a POV at all, and it may not come up at all in physical science (which is cool) but I need to be sure.

(((crossing fingers over here its not!)))

I am a little confused, do you mean Exploration Education Intermediate Physical Science? If you do, there is no mentioning of young/old earth in the program. It is broken into four parts: Forces, Machines, Motion & Energy; Electricity& Magnetism; Chemistry; and Sound & Light. It does not deal with the origin of life or earth at all as far as I can remember.

NO...Exploration Education doesn't deal with origins of life at all...really just mechanical physics. My kids are 8 and 12 and have really enjoyed taking this course. We will have to continue next year, because we didn't make enough time for Science this year. The experiments are really fun, and they can do the program so independently!

Julie