Menu

Favorite Chemistry Text with DVD/CD

I am looking for a Chemistry program which includes teaching from a DVD or CD. Any favorites?

I have noticed that BJU has one & Red Wagon Tutorials will have one, but I have no experience with either. Are there any other programs that include teaching on a DVD/CD?

Hi Sue,

Are you looking for a teacher on the DVD or supplemental information? The Teaching Company High School Chemistry is very good and would make a great supplement to any chemistry text, but the instructor is not teaching a complete course tied to a particular text. We used some of the lectures along with the Apologia text. Good luck finding what you need!

Blessings,

April

Sorry I cannot specifically speak to chemistry, but we have thoroughly enjoyed BJU Earth and Space. I was very surprised, having been skeptical about BJU in general. I wanted a Christian curriculum but one that did not compromise rigor, quality, critical thinking, content. In fact, we have been extremely impressed with the quality of BJU science....my son now so excited about astronomy that we are pursuing further enrichment programs for the summer!

Having said this, I know each teacher is different--but Mrs. Vick in Earth and Space was exceptional. Also, the labs are well done, the tests/quizzes well constructed and all was relatively easy to administer as a busy hs mom....

Hope you find what you need!

You can use the DIVE Chemistry CD with a variety of programs. It's designed to use with the BJU book.

My daughter is studying for the AP Chemistry exam using Zumdahl's AP Chemistry book (which she really likes), and is using the DIVE CD for a lab supplement. It's well done. It's also inexpensive.

HTH,

GardenMom