Menu

here is what I am thinking on purchasing from Teaching company.. Any opinions??

History of the US (the 84-lecture college series, right?) is excellent. I give it an unqualified recommendation.

My teens are working through the Economics series right now. It's well done, and the teacher is good . . . but the topic is rather dry by its very nature. I still recommend it, because I think the professor does everything humanly possible to make a somewhat boring topic fairly interesting.

I am not sure. I did not know you bought any new ones. Let me know if it is sitting on your shelf before i order...

So many things that look so good in the TC catalog.. so little time and money..:D

They are on my shelf! I also have the 2 Standard Deviant Govt DVD's and The Story of Elizabeth Cady Stanton & Susan B. Anthony. He used them last year.

Mandy

We have the cassette tapes for the economics course (2nd ed., I believe) although I noticed in the catalog that it is the same professor. My 17-year-old daughter listened to the series before taking dual-credit microeconomics at our local university. She found it very helpful--basically the dual-credit course was just a review.

I listened to half of the course with her and thought it was quite interesting.

Yvonne

We have used a few TTC courses and this was a great one. We loved it.

All three profs are great. The lectures by Gallagher on the civil war are best when they are battle related....he is less passionate about the non-battle, socio-economic stuff. But...overall the whole thing is fantastic.

Thank you!

Since mandy has the political thought on her shelf and lives a whole 12 minutes away I will wait for the US hist to go on sale by itself... hopefully it will go on sale soon ....

I will get the econ but I may wait until next year and hope for the American classics in Lit to go on sale.

The history and the lit course seem to go along very well with our studies for this year..

Hi Chelsea,

If you get the catalogs from the Teaching Co, be looking for one to arrive with a customer appreciation coupon good for $30 off any order over $150. I got the catalog in the mail today, and I am SO glad I did not place my order yesterday like I was planning to do! I am going to spring for the Econ DVDs along with the Human Anatomy and Phys set for my soon-to-be senior. There are lots more that I would like to justify...

Blessings,

April