Menu

Omnibus 1 Primary/Secondary at VP Scholars Academy

I think I want to enroll our 7th grader in this, but I need more reassurance. Has anyone done Omnibus 1 through VP Scholars Academy? I spoke with a lady at VP, and she said the kids really enjoy it. I had our dd look at the books and she is interested in reading most of them. I even had her read the SparkNotes overview of the books. Tell me, will we be happy we did this? Of course, I still need to get my dh on board with this! I haven't even had time to discuss it with him.

Dd took Omnibus I primary and secondary as a 7th grader and loved it. (got A's in both sections). She is currently taking Omnibus II primary and secondary, and loving it again. The teachers are great. They make the material very interesting. The teachers also keep communication open with the parents, which I really appreciate. I cannot recommend these courses highly enough.

They are expensive, imo, but no more so than other online courses.

HTH, Jackie

My 9th grade ds is currently in Omnibus I with Mr. Etter and loves the class. I know it's expensive, but the teacher has been able to make these books come alive in these online discussions. My son is constantly telling me what was said in class. I don't think I would have been able to generate quite as much excitement had I been the one discussing Gilgamesh or Herodotus with him. I'm beginning to wish I had read the books, too, and just listened into the class with him! Maybe I will when the next son is old enough for the class!

Karen