Menu

Offline science/science enrichment help

I'm looking for someone who has a rigorous high school science curriculum (bio, chem, calc based physics) that is not dependent on having an internet connection for a whole to parts kid, and even better if they also have a rigorous geology and/or astronomy program. (Thinkwell looked good for us, except for the internet part and the only being good for a year part.) An extra bonus if I can parse them into small pieces so that we can rotate between sciences within the year. I'm also looking for fun expansion type books for these subjects. I read quark's math thread, which was brilliant, and I'm looking for similar things for the sciences, with the limitation of not needing an internet connection (and being completely secular). 

Has any looked at Susskind's Theoretical Minimum books for physics? I'm considering these from the Amazon reviews, but our library doesn't have them, and I was wondering if any of your kids liked them.