Menu

Spanish after Duolingo

blue daisy

My 11 year old DS and 9 year old DS have been working through Duolingo for Spanish this year and I think my daughter will probably start Duolingo next year for second grade too. It was a good, easy way to get us started but we're ready for more.  Suggestions?  My older son can probably work at a more advanced level than the younger one.  I was thinking of doing Song School Spanish with my younger son and daughter, and a different program for my older one.  Please share anything you think could work.  Thanks!

We use Homeschool Spanish Academy, which is 1-on-1 Skype lessons with native Spanish speakers based in Guatemala. (We even stopped by the school and met them in person when traveling there a couple weeks ago!) The lessons are quite reasonably priced if you buy them in bulk packages.

For a more traditional approach for your older, Breaking the Barrier has iBooks of their texts for an incredibly low price, and the books are pretty interactive.

We use Homeschool Spanish Academy, which is 1-on-1 Skype lessons with native Spanish speakers based in Guatemala. (We even stopped by the school and met them in person when traveling there a couple weeks ago!) The lessons are quite reasonably priced if you buy them in bulk packages.

For a more traditional approach for your older, Breaking the Barrier has iBooks of their texts for an incredibly low price, and the books are pretty interactive.

Thank you!  I've been struggling because any of the beginner curriculums look too easy for my oldest but he's not ready for a second level course either.  Breaking the Barrier books look good for him. We don't have an ipad, but I think a paper and pencil book would be good at this point since he will continue with Duolingo on the tablet.  He will be getting exposure from a couple of different formats that way.