What's with the ads?

#1 redsquirrel

redsquirrel

The Stuff of Legends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11832 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 07:14 PM

I have noticed three specific changes. 1. I can no longer see a preview of the thread when I hover. All I get is the title of the thread 2. When I write a reply, such as now, my text is in a different font that what it used to be. And after my response is posted there is no formatting, meaning that all my paragraph separations have been lost. 3. I get notified when people 'like' my posts, but I can't see who via the hover function any longer. I have to click on the bubble at the top of my screen and it takes me away from the chat board to see who 'liked' my post. And after I do that the red notification doesn't go away. I have to delete the 'liked' notifications to make the red badge go away. I have restarted my computer etc since this happened and it didn't make the board go back to what it was before. Any suggestions?

#2 OtherJohn

OtherJohn

Homonyms Hate Me

• Administrators
  • 536 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 10:58 AM

Go ahead and try to clear your cache and see if it still happening.

#3 redsquirrel

redsquirrel

The Stuff of Legends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11832 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 02:47 PM

Thanks for the response.  I didn't clear my cache, but it seems to have spontaneously fixed itself.  I will do that first next time, if it happens again.

Thank you

#4 mum

mum

Hive Mind Level 4 Worker: Builder Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 06:48 PM

I have posted on the chat board recently, and today tried to post some 'for sale' items on the classifieds. My posts are shown, but with a message above them saying that I have to post on the forums before being able to post a classified. What's up?