Menu

Veritas Press Self Paced History ???'s

Supergirl9801

Ok, so we're giving this curriculum a shot this year.  We signed up when it was on sale in November an obviously don't want to start our year yet so we haven't logged in.  Can someone point me in the direction of a lesson plan or at least a list of what's studied weekly?  Is there a correlating book list or suggested projects that we'll be given or that I can find somewhere?  While I love the "hands off" approach for me as the teacher, I still want my kiddos doing some additional things, like journaling and/or lapbooks and maybe an occasional fitting project.  Any advice for a newbie to this curriculum?  How long do the typical sessions last daily too?  I read somewhere it's 5/week?  We're doing Explorers to 1815 this next school year.

Thanks -Rachael

The book list is under a link when you log in to the student's course, there's a level one for K-3, and a level two for older elementary. There's also a document that lists when activities are scheduled and gives you materials lists and print outs for those. The activities are pretty minimal, though.

Also when you log in, each lesson w/topic is listed on the left hand side of the page, and shows which lesson your student is on. Do you have the corresponding history cards? Those will give you a good idea as well.

Each week is one card. It is 5 days a week, and takes my kids between 20-30 minutes a day to do the self paced lessons. We also do the additional literature reading. I have the CD's but honestly I didn't add anything this year as I felt 20-30 minutes a day was sufficient to spend on history for my kids ages. The CD's have maps and projects for those who are teaching it on their own, but you could certainly add some of that if you wanted.