Menu

What do to for After Math 65?

If you use and like Saxon then what other maths books do you like?

We have looked at Saxons Course 1, Course 2 and Course 3 and sad to say that they are probably not going to work for us right now. My husband and me is working on the next course for my son but until then, what can we try?

My son is...

not an independent reader -- can not learn from a book by himself.

not worried about "a lot" of problems -- can do 30-60 problems in a day, but doesn't have to.

not able to remember without review -- we need to review every couple of days or he will not remember.

Next year I will be teaching 3 instead of 1. So I want something that is easier for me to teach.

I would probably keep going with Saxon if it's working. Some other options -- Teaching textbooks is spiral and obviously easy to implement. CLE is also spiral and open and go.

Math Mammoth 6 is easy to use and not at all wordy but you'd need to add in review (Math Minutes has worked for us).

Are you saying that Saxon Math 76 is also not an option? If he is doing well with 65, I've found 76 fairly easy to teach. Sorry, I don't know what the newer Saxon Course books look like or how they compare to Saxon 76.

You can read Course 1 online. I'm not sure how it compares to Math 76. If you have Math 76, could you look and tell me the main differences in between them? I just assumed they were very similar or the exact same.