Menu

Anyone have Lasik surgery twice or a "touch up"

Ottakee

I had lasik surgery about 8 years ago.  Went from 20/1000 (couldn't see the E on the eye chart) to 20/20 vision.  It was WONDERFUL.

Now, 8 years later, I have a new pair of glasses as my distance vision isn't crystal clear anymore.  I am still legal to drive without the glasses, etc. but they do help with reading signs farther down the road, seeing a bit more detail, etc.

I was wondering about getting a 2nd Lasiks done and if it is worth considering.  The eye doctor I saw said it was "normal" to have it be slightly less than perfect after 8 years and I also read that hormone changes can affect your vision a bit.  I am mid 40s so both things fit.  There was a short time of a few months where I needed reading glasses and just used a pair from a friend she got at Walmart and then that need disappeared.........but that was about time my distance vision got a bit worse.

If I try the Lasiks touch up would it be better to wait until after menopause to get through all of the hormonal changes before doing it?  Do I just say WOW, I had a great 8 years and now I am back to glasses full time?\

I really don't want to go back to glasses full time and contacts are likely out due to eye problems I had as a late teen.