Menu

Lively Latin 2 to Latin Alive! 1

We are getting bogged down in Lively Latin 2 (we're finishing the 4th chapter, I think others had the same trouble at about the same spot.)

We're still trudging along, and getting it done, but aren't really having as much fun with it as we were. I know we are probably using Latin Alive! 1 next year, which will be almost all review, except maybe for translating.

I'm considering getting it now and doing it two days a week, continuing with LL2 the other 3.

We've got Minimus 1 and 2, and while we enjoy them, my dd just doesn't learn that way.

Thoughts?

I'm familiar with the LA series, but not LL.

I wouldn't stagger the two programs. Choose one and go with it. If you're not really pleased with LL and you're going to switch to LA anyway, I'd make the switch sooner rather than later. Just go through LA level 1 at a faster pace and slow down when you get to new material.

I may switch. I do want her to have a mostly review year in Latin next year as we will likely be adding French back in. It seems to me there is some review at the beginning of LA!2, as well.

We're still making progress in BBLL2. I'll re-evaluate at the end of Chapter 5.

I kind of wish there was a DragonBox or Duolingo for Latin. Some sort of "hook" to hang Latin grammar on.