Menu

History for a high-school junior - previously used History Odyssey but the next level isn't ready!!

My son is going to be a high-school junior this year.  He has been using the History Odyssey Level 3 Curriculum, completing Ancients and Middle Ages during his first two years of high-school studies.  He is supposed to be moving on to Early Modern this year, but that level of History Odyssey is not published yet.  We are considering using the History Odyssey Level 2 Curriculum (with some supplementation) since all four levels are complete, but I was wondering what other history curricula anyone has used and would recommend that would fit where we are in our studies.  Has anyone used SWB's History of the World series ("History of the Ancient World, etc.)?  I'm wondering if "History of the Renaissance World" might be a good follow-up, but I haven't really looked at the time-line for this book or when the next book will come out.   So frustrated right now!  Thanks for any and all suggestions!

I was going to suggest Level 2 with a bit of supplementation. You know the format works for him. Add SWB's new books or line up the remaining Level 3 spine chapters to the Level 2. 

History at Our House maybe?

I believe the most recently published book in SWB's History of the World Series is "History of the Renaissance" and covers 1100 to 1500 (ish), while our second (and completed) year of History Odyssey already covered 500 to 1600.  I really think I'm just going to match up the spine we've already been using for level 3 to the level 2 curriculum in History Odyssey.  Does anyone know when the next level of History of the World is supposed to be published?  If it's soon, I think I'd still like to consider using it this year!  Any and all suggestions (history-wise) are welcome right now!!!

Rough year for us...  my eldest us just catching up to where most of our curricula are running out and I don't have time for him to wait for publishing to catch up!!