Menu

Can anyone help me with the title and/or author of this book for learning french?

Guest Barratt

Guest Barratt

I am interested in a particular children's book but I can not seem to find it without the title or author. It is a chapter book written in English but every other sentence has a commonly known French word in place of the English word. More and more French words are used in place of English words as the story progresses.

I think it is a mystery story or something like that. If anyone can help I would love to know what it is called.

Guest Barratt

Wow it is great to get input from someone so experienced. Thank you for your help. I googled PowerGlide and had a look, but the book I was looking for I had found about a year ago on the internet and I forgot to bookmark the page for later use. I simply can not find it again without the name and author.

I was hoping someone here may be familiar with the book or may have used it in language learning for their homeschooled kids. It was a chapter book for children and a mystery-type book. Instead of having a paragraph of French and then a translation paragraph of English, it had an English sentence, then the next time a particular English noun was used, a French word was substituted. It may have even had picture symbols or something.