What's with the ads?

Photo

Serving ideas for Trader Joe's ground salmon patties?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

What's with the ads?

#1 Laurie4b

Laurie4b

Qualified Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8471 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 04:35 PM

I bought some ground salmon patties at Trader Joe's, thinking it was nice, cheap salmon, but don't know what to do with them now that I've got them. It seems like a burger, even a salmon burger, should have some accompaniment! Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

#2 KAR120C

KAR120C

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2047 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 04:54 PM

I bought some ground salmon patties at Trader Joe's, thinking it was nice, cheap salmon, but don't know what to do with them now that I've got them. It seems like a burger, even a salmon burger, should have some accompaniment! Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

I just heat them up (in the microwave, because I'm a lazy bum), top them with some kind of sauce (honey mustard, dill or hollandaise), and serve with veggies. It's not the prettiest thing in the world, but it's tasty!

#3 4babybirds

4babybirds

Hive Mind Worker Bee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 05:31 PM

I get salmon burgers from Costco and just put them on a roll with some mayo. They are delicious! I wonder if TJs are like these.

#4 muffinmom

muffinmom

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1583 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 05:35 PM

We make salmon patties at home a lot. I always serve with mashed potatoes and peas because that's what my mom always did. Doesn't sound very exciting, but it tastes good to us.

#5 KatieinMich

KatieinMich

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3673 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:30 PM

I like serving Salmon patties with new peas in a white sauce and rice on the side.

#6 nakitty

nakitty

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:35 PM

salmon patties should NOT be microwaved....that is just WRONG Erica! lol If you can't grill them on the bbq then my suggestion is to brown them in a skillet and melt a little mozzarella on them, serve on a toasted kaiser roll with lettuce tomato and a little tartar sauce. Mmmmmmmm Serve with a nice side salad or some steamed asparagus.

#7 KAR120C

KAR120C

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2047 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:50 PM

salmon patties should NOT be microwaved....that is just WRONG Erica! lol If you can't grill them on the bbq then my suggestion is to brown them in a skillet and melt a little mozzarella on them, serve on a toasted kaiser roll with lettuce tomato and a little tartar sauce. Mmmmmmmm Serve with a nice side salad or some steamed asparagus.

I'm not sure this particular type (if I'm thinking of the same one the op is) would survive grilling! Panfrying probably... but it's sort of chopped-and-formed-cylinder-o'-salmon. The melted mozzarella sounds delish though -- when did you say supper was again? ;)

What's with the ads?