Menu

***Anyone use Sequential Spelling? or IEW Phonics Zoo C?

We have used Phonetic Zoo C with two students. The biggest pro is that Mom doesn't have to teach it. I can't think of any real cons. It worked exceptionally well with one of our children and less so with the other, but even with the second child, there was a big improvement in spelling, especially connected with composition asssignments. I sold it but wish I hadn't because I would like to do a run-through of the rules.

Did you use the student response book or the newer student workbook?

Did you actually use the white board & colored markers?

I was also wandering about the new DVD?;)

No, we use none of that. We started out with the white board and colored markers and I guess we'd go back to that if we thought a student needed it. We just run through the day's word list one word at a time, immediately correct if wrong, and then keep going. A similar word will pop up again the next day and the next day to "cement" the spelling pattern. We use regular paper, nothing fancy.

I don't know anything about a new DVD.

Pegasus

Did you use the student response book or the newer student workbook?

Did you actually use the white board & colored markers?

I was also wandering about the new DVD?;)

We have been using Sequential Spelling 1 along with the newer workbooks and the DVD. My boys have really enjoyed it. I especially liked it because the DVD allowed my boys to work independently. I just recently posted the Sequential Spelling DVD on the sale forums.