Menu

American History in 2 years

Guest aaddmr

Guest aaddmr

I know that normally students take world history, American History, and government and economics. I am considering taking 2 years to do American History and calling it American History through 1865 and American History 1866-2010. My son at the community college took American History through 1866 and as I was thinking about my son's 10th grade year, I realized that I would love to give him the first half of American History this year and concentrate on biographies and a deeper study of the events. We will end up with 4 years of history instead of 3. Has anybody else done this and if you have, could you share some of the books that you used. Thanks.

This is what we did with a couple of our children. We used the History of US series as the backbone, and then filled it in with many, many biographies, historical films and documentaries, map work, even field trips. Also used some Critical Thinking US History workbooks.

Guest DMBinTX

This is what we are doing starting this yr in 10th grade. We are using All American History which already has the course scheduled for 2 yrs. Yes you can use it for high school. The TM suggests how to do this. Memoria Press has an online course using this text.