Menu

lesson plans for KineticBooks' Physics?

I'm making the switch from Apologia for this school year at our co-op, and I need to get my planning done soon. Before I dive in, I thought I'd see if anyone had already prepared lesson plans for KineticBooks' Physics. If you're willing to share, please let me know.

TIA

Conceptual or Principles?? Which will you be using?

Principles is Conceptual with some added sections. I have copies of both for comparison. I'm thinking of using the sections in Conceptual for a regular College Prep credit, and offering an Honors option to those who do the extra sections. All students would have the Principles text so I don't have to mess with the different section numbers.

Honestly, the Conceptual text is so far above and beyond what Apologia covers that after having students earn a credit for Apologia these past 3 years, I'd consider Conceptual Honors level on its own. I'm going to try to schedule a meeting with the director and high school co-ordinator of our co-op the discuss these options.

I also have at least one student who wishes to do the independent work needed to take the AP exam. I won't have time to teach to that level during the co-op year, and we can't officially designate it an AP course, but if he's as motivated as his mother :001_smile: he will be able to do it.