Menu

Anyone done senior year abroad OR senior year doing noncredit-counting experience?

I know that I've read various posts of high schoolers going abroad but can't remember the posters and they were mixed into other threads.

Some considerations would be the same if the senior was involved in a project that was basically full-time and (s)he was therefore not doing any credit-counting subjects...

I'm just wondering about pros, cons, important considerations type of information.

This is presuming that college apps are ready to go....

Thanks!

Joan

Catherine thanks for answering. I was sure there was at least one person.

I guess I should not have put that the college apps are ready as partly my question is about how you present the situation in the college applications? (I'd meant deciding on the college, essays, bureaucratic type stuff).

And then, I'm guessing, he has done all his credits already? or will he be able to get some for the experience? How many did he end up having up to end 11th?

Do you get concerned about the break in math studies (presuming he'd need it for college)? And since some colleges are requiring 4 years of math and science... has he just doubled up during some years?

Thanks for any info you can share, and if too personal for the whole world, please feel free to PM!

Thanks,

Joan