Menu

BYU on-line classes

Guest erinh

Guest erinh

Has anyone used the BYU on-line classes? I am looking for flexibility in our schedule and need input on on-line or correspondence classes that are academically strong. I have noticed some are more for kids who need to qualify for sports or cannot be successful in the classroom environment. Any input would be appreciated!

We are doing english right now with them and have been happy. I would take it on a course for course basis. I used to write for BYU IS department and have some personal pro's and con's with online courses. My friends kids are taking history -which I think the course looks boring. Read, multiple choice, read, multiple choice and that is not how I love to teach history. Also her kids have struggled through math. Other courses, other friends have enjoyed and done terrific in. I think you have to pick and choose and I would suggest that probably all there college courses are well done, since you have to have basically a MS to write them and they mirror the class we taught on campus.

• 2 weeks later...

I finished up my degree from BYU doing Independent Study and I LOVED my classes. I took the first half of History of England and (hee hee) Running. Running was online and I didn't like it as much as the paper-based English History course, but I'm big on pencil and paper and the physical act of writing things out.

My husband, who will finally graduate at the end of this August, has tried to do IS classes five times now and hasn't gotten beyond the first couple of lessons.

I guess it's a personality thing. I've always been more motivated to do things on my own and he needs the "requirement" of set due dates and penalties.