Menu

Wordly Wise

Short answer is yes to your questions. Another book worthy of consideration is Vocabulary for the High School Student by Amsco. We have used both WW and the Amsco book at our house, but not together at the same time. My oldest had not done vocabulary at all for a few years so I stumbled upon the Amsco book for him, whereas my youngest had enjoyed WW when she was younger and requested to continue with it, so we went back to it for her.

chalkboard

Make sure you get the 3000 series instead of the older series though.

Blessings

Zoraida

I have my own thoughts on this, but I'm wondering why you feel this way.

I compared the word lists for the older version with the 3000 and noticed something that I thought was very interesting. Quite a few of the words in the older editions are introduced in an earlier level than in the 3000 edition; not to mention they removed some words completely from the series.

My thoughts are, that even though the words in the older edition are more difficult, it would seem that the 3000 edition is more in line with words which would be found on the SAT. That said, we will be using the 3000.

Am I correct, or are there other reasons to use the 3000?