Menu

Can TOG make my life simplier?

txchick

content and quality vs grade level...is what Im thinking... we also want to enjoy school time and reduce the number of seperate subjects.

see my other post... for our details...

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97938

IF I do TOG...I can order the DE 1st year 1st quarter to try it. what else do I need to order?

IS the writing Aids, or anything else helpful?

Im not quite sure whats included in the DE ...do you get the Loom? Assesments? I have one pc and one laptop. Can DE be installed on both?(not networked)

I purchased unit 1 year one to try it out...now what do i do with this. I have the DE. LOL. Just gotta figure it out. Help!

Donna,

Have you downloaded it? Have you received the e-mail with the key?

After try the button on the lower left side that says How to Use Tapestry DE.

Heather

yep. downloaded and reading it now. trying to install it on the laptop now so dh can access it too. Just trying to figure out how to start...and organize it in my head.

I think you have to have TOG OK it for more than one computer.

It will take some time to absorb all the pieces, so don't feel bad if you are overwhelmed. For the first 5 months I just did the history core, worldview and a little mapping and nothing else. After that I added more of the program.

Heather

thanks, I found the link to apply for using on more than one pc in my house. that should help. Next step is to fix my printer...or trade it out for my dh's...hopefully his will work with vista. Mine worked till the cat knocked it to the floor. :glare:

I am going to take this next week to get set up and organized and probably start the following week.

I also ordered the writing aids, map aids and the gov reading cd's cause I feel I'll need all the help I can get. Looks like I already have many of the books used in year one...I notice the list is not so extensive in upper grammar -Retoric as it is in the lower grammar.

Seems all we need to add is Math, Science, Catholic church History and Grammar....

Have you used the book, Ancient Literiture ( used in weeks 1-3) for retoric. I dont know if we should attempt that or skip it so early on. Im sure my son will say to skip it. LOL.

Do they need a timeline book or wall timeline? Im not seeing specifics on that.

I also have to figure out how the notebooks are set up. ...

I sure hope this works for us...I guess my back up plan is using Trisms. But that requires a bit more work of us all!

Donna

Have you used the book, Ancient Literiture ( used in weeks 1-3) for retoric. I dont know if we should attempt that or skip it so early on. Im sure my son will say to skip it. LOL.

No I haven't. I have only done the last half of year 2 through year 3, so we haven't visited Ancients yet with TOG.

Yes and you can use whatever works for you. I simply take a piece of cardstock, draw a line across it and put it in a 3 ring binder. My timeline figures are dated, so I don't even date the line. :D

Heather

Donna

Are you talking about the Ancient Egypt Lit book? I say skip it and go with the Dialectic selection. There was one poem in that book that my kids and I found hilarious, but other than that, it wasn't worth the $. I also skipped the "Distant Days" book and didn't miss it. :)

I had my kids do timeline books, but next year I'm going to try something different. I am going to buy a display board and have the entire family work on our timeline together. My R kids completed their timelines, but I think we would have benefitted by having a visual display rather than a notebook on a shelf. Also, many times the UG and LG focus on something slightly different, so they can add those items to the family timeline.

HTH,

Leanna