Menu

Lively Latin Book 2 users....

Well, here we are!

Wow.

Wer probably one day away from finishing Lively Latin, Book 1. I plan to continue on with Book 2--but I was wondering if we should take some time and just do some review before we plough ahead--or is review of vocabulary and grammar built in?

We could stand not to spend any money for a bit right now, kwim--but it's no biggie.

We plowed through LL1 and intended to plow through LL2 but the learning curve amps up by lesson 2. If it were me (well, it is me :001_huh:...this is what we are doing), I would review for awhile to make sure all the chants and grammar material is solid. Our goal has always been mastery so I feel like we are always ahead, having started in 2nd grade, so we can take as long as we like to make sure they are getting it. JMO...:001_smile:

I would review for awhile to make sure all the chants and grammar material is solid.

Excellent! That's exactly what I needed to know! My daughter will be pleased when I tell her that "hangman" is part of her Latin lesson.

Did you do the history, also? We're at the beginning of Ch 11 now and it's been 7 months. We're doing history...............

We did the history, too. My son loves it. The only thing we skipped was Horatius at the Bridge. That said, we took about a year. Maybe longer. Hey, I just checked a schedule from the week of April 21, 2008 and we were on chapter 5 back then. :tongue_smilie:

Latin--indeed any foreign language should be studied at the student's pace. No preassure.

Thanks, I feel better now. With spring break, testing, etc. I found April is a pretty bare month on the learning record.........

Ok - so back to the thread - so now I know to review for a while. Lately, I've been wishing for some tests periodically throughout the program...