Menu

Record keeping with multiple kids?

qfbrenda

I don't need to keep records for my state, but it helps keep me honest about what we are accomplishing. I used to keep good records, but now with 3 students, I've fallen off the record wagon. :tongue_smilie:

I own Homeschool Tracker and used to use it, but I remember it being very tedious. I'm willing to try again though.

Could you please tell me how to do it in your home school?

We use the binder method, and don't keep written records otherwise. Our binders are set up fairly similar to how it's described in TWTM.

I've tried using Homeschool Tracker for lesson planning a few times. It only lasts a month or two before I drop it. It requires too much time spent fiddling with it for my tastes. Right now my kids keep an "agenda" on their clipboards, along with all pull out pages for the day. I use the horizontal agenda on this page. I toss them after everything gets checked off and I've sketched out the next week, but they could be saved for simple record keeping if that's your goal.