Menu

BJUP Life Science for 7th?

Mary in GA

How difficult to use is this?

Does it require much prep time for me?

Are the experiments reasonable to implement at home?

Is the text difficult to read?

Would it be workable on a T, Th schedule, or does it need to be done daily?

I used BJUP science up through about 4th grade long ago with a different dc, and I remember really liking the program. Then we switched to TWTM methods before going back to text books (Apologia) for our high school level science.

I feel like I've been rather slack with this dd and I would like to go to a text book approach to hold myself more accountable. I had thought about using Apologia Biology for 7th as I did with previous ds, but I took a look at BJUP Life Science and also the Earth and Space for 8th and was really impressed.

THanks!

Mary

How difficult to use is this?

Dd12 used the BJU Life Science almost completely independently although we did the chapter reviews together. We did not find it difficult to use. It is quite intense information-wise for junior high but definitely doable.

Does it require much prep time for me?

Prep time would depend on how much you added to the text. Dd did the textbook assignments and the student activities so there was no prep time. I do think the student activities were an important part of solidifying the concepts.

Are the experiments reasonable to implement at home?

We did not do the experiments so I can't help you there.

Is the text difficult to read?

Other than being a lot of information, no the text is not difficult to read.

Would it be workable on a T, Th schedule, or does it need to be done daily?

We would have been hard pressed to finish it in 36 weeks without doing it daily.

She is doing Earth and Space this year. We will be using the D.I.V.E. into Science CD-Rom with the Physical Science textbook this coming year.

Mary-

I would agree with Cynthia's replies. I have done a lot of the Sci with my dd this year --but only bec I enjoy it. We have done a majority of the experiments. I purchased the science kit from http://www.hometrainingtools.com and a few extras along with the SL microscope. The only experiments dd hasn't been found of were the dissecting ones.