Menu

Interactive websites for preschoolers

KDBask

Could any of you give me some web addresses of good, clean, educational websites for my younger dc? I hate to go this route but everytime we use the computer programs we bought, the whole computer freezes. I can get so much more done with my older dc when I can keep the littles occupied for half an hour. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

My dss are older than that now; but below is a link to Portaportal - it is a website that is found on our local public elementary school website. My dss used to enjoy going on it when they were in 3/4 grades.

The passwords are: for preschool - pksol, K - ksol, 1st - 1sol, 2nd - 2sol, 3rd - 3sol, 4th - 4sol, and 5th - 5sol.

http://guest.portaportal.com/missingUser.php?unknwnUsr=GuestLogin.php

As I said, my dss are older now, but there is a lot of stuff on the site.

Enjoy

Peggy

Someone on here posted this for me and my younger ones love it:

www.clubpenguin.com

My kids also like Webkinz:

www.webkinz.com

but you do need to purchase a Webkinz first to use that site.

They aren't educational per se (they don't teach letters & numbers) but two of my children learned how to play Checkers by playing on Webkinz, learned about earning vs saving, etc.

We set timers so that kids and mom are limited as to computer usage for the little ones on these sites. ;)

We do the same. Half hour or so for each child while the other is getting some more personal focus or learning a new bit of info.

There are lots of good one but these are the ones that I can set up and walk away.

www.noggin.com

www.sproutonline.com

http://www.tumblebooks.com/library/asp/book_details.asp?Category=PictureBooks

My kids also enjoy starfall.