Menu

No Angel Ministries close but found TREASURE BOX! Check it out!!

I have no local Angel Food ministries by me but I found the Treasure Box at a local church. I am soooo impressed with the amount of food in the box. It is the same as Angel, you pay $30 at the beginning of the month & get your food in the end. They advertise it as enough food for a famiy of 4 for a week. You may purchase more then 1 box if you'd like.

Treasure box food is all frozen. It contains 2-3 meats, 2-3 veggies, 2-3 sides or snacks & dessert. There is WAY more then $30 in the box! Check it out & see if one is close to you!

http://www.angelfoodministries.com/

http://www.thetreasurebox.org/

...is that it provides a lot of veggies and meats, and doesn't have a lot of prepared foods. Poverty and obesity are linked in the U.S. (not that anyone in this thread deals with either...), so I think it's great that Angel Food provides some good, healthy recipes and some alternatives to frozen dinners. I've bought Angel Food boxes for ourselves and for some friends who were out of work, and it's helped us eat healthier the last few months.

It's nice to have that Treasure Box, though, since Angel Food isn't nearby. That's an awesome price!

Do you know if they have a listing of distribution centers available online? I couldn't find the info on the website.

Thanks,

Karen

Karen,

Do you mean so you can start one, just sign up to receive, or visit the main facility? I was able to find local churches & where to start one at my church if we wanted?

Karen,

Do you mean so you can start one, just sign up to receive, or visit the main facility? I was able to find local churches & where to start one at my church if we wanted?

I was going to pass along the info to our group if there was a site locally that distributes. I didn't see a listing for local churches that were acting as distribution centers to see if there was one in our area.

...is that it provides a lot of veggies and meats, and doesn't have a lot of prepared foods. Poverty and obesity are linked in the U.S. (not that anyone in this thread deals with either...), so I think it's great that Angel Food provides some good, healthy recipes and some alternatives to frozen dinners. I've bought Angel Food boxes for ourselves and for some friends who were out of work, and it's helped us eat healthier the last few months.

It's nice to have that Treasure Box, though, since Angel Food isn't nearby. That's an awesome price!

I do like that Angel Food has fresh veggies/fruit too. Although. the treasure box did contain a whole no hormone raised chicken, there were preprepared foods. My kids flipped over the bagel bites & sausage balls, b/c I generally never buy frozen prepped foods. The cookie dough was made with rice flour, you could taste a difference but my kids were use to it & liked them. We have both Angel & Treasure box within 2 miles of my house, I think next month I"ll try both & compare. For $30, it was by far worth it.

I was going to pass along the info to our group if there was a site locally that distributes. I didn't see a listing for local churches that were acting as distribution centers to see if there was one in our area.

Got it! I think you have to call.

This is all I found

The Treasure Box- 1525 Faraday Ave Suite 200 Carlsbad, Ca 92011

800-207-5521

contactus@thetreasurebox.org

Angel Food, you need to fill out a form for info on starting a center. Hope this is what you need!

http://www.angelfoodministries.com/become_a_host_site/inforequest.asp