Menu

Abeka LA...do I need to add anything to it?

cam112198

My dd6 is in 1st grade this year and we are using Abeka for LA. She is doing really well with it. If I continue on with it next year, will I need to add anything else to it like writing or vocabulary? I do plan on adding a different spelling program (probably AAS).

Would you stick with Abeka for LA? Will it cover everything she needs to know?

Some others that I have thought of are R&S, CLE (we use their math and LOVE it!), and GWG (along with a writing program).

Loved Abeka LA and used it through 6th grade. It covers writing, grammar, punctuation, diagramming sentences, parts of speech. I am thinking that there was not a vocabulary component, but my youngest is 15 now, and I may not remember. I am thinking that we covered vocabulary as a part of Reading in grades 1-6. Please correct me if anyone else reads this and I am not remembering correctly. My one negative comment would be that the work pages can be a bit of overkill in my opinion. In areas where I though my kids had a good understanding, I only had them do every other workbook item.