Menu

Science for 6-8 graders that can been done in a group setting?

Any suggestions for science? The goal is for the parents to oversee the reading, writing, and research, but for the kids to meet weekly with a "facilitator" to take tests and do lab or project related things in a group.

It needs to be non-evolutionary, and ideally, Christian. Thanks!!

I guess I would go with BJU 6. I like Prentice Hall, but it is secular.

My son is doing Rainbow Science, and each week we have another student over to do the lab with him. Every-other-week, they also do the quiz. It's working out very well, and I have very little to do except talk about the main points using the teacher's guide.

I'm not sure how many kids could use one lab kit, though. Probably only 2-3 to make it hands-on for each.

Julie

I don't know if that helps, but we have 6th and 7th in General Science and 8th in Physical Science. They do all the reading and studying at home, and do lab experiments together alongwith discussing study questions. They take the tests every other week together. I've been happy with this for my children. (This is 2 hours a week in our co-op school.)