Menu

Need Help in Search for a Specific Science Curriculum

Tired_Mama

For the past few years my dad and stepmom have been taking whatever kids of mine are school age one day a week and teaching them a subject (yes, I know I am lucky! :) ). This past year he's had my 3rd grader and kindergartner on Fridays and does Apologia astronomy with them.

Next year my dad said he would really like to do a geology course with them, and he and I both would like a creation based curriculum. Does anyone know of such a course? My dad is sort of workbook-y and likes either a workbook, worksheets or review questions and my kids will be in 4th and 1st grades (my 1st grader is a fantastic reader, but not such a great writer, if that makes a difference).

Thanks!

Have you looked at God's Design for Science? I know geology is included in that series. Also, Christian Kids Explore Earth Science covers quite a bit of geology. Not sure how those would work with regards to worksheets, (I've not used either program) but if such are not included in the texts, I'm certain one could find a simple workbook to provide them. And, if he were willing to consider something different, WP has an interesting looking program here.

HTH some!

I would definitely look at the God's Design books. Here is a link to the series that would cover geology. 1 of the 3 books covers astronomy, but you wouldn't have to get it. It is multilevel, they just updated it, so it is in color, has teacher helps, worksheets, projects, etc. Anyway, check it out...it looks great, and very simple to use. http://www.answersingenesis.org/PublicStore/catalog/Gods-Design-for-Heaven-Earth,194.aspx

I would definitely look at the God's Design books. Here is a link to the series that would cover geology. 1 of the 3 books covers astronomy, but you wouldn't have to get it. It is multilevel, they just updated it, so it is in color, has teacher helps, worksheets, projects, etc. Anyway, check it out...it looks great, and very simple to use. http://www.answersingenesis.org/PublicStore/catalog/Gods-Design-for-Heaven-Earth,194.aspx

:iagree:

For a Grandpa, I would get "Christian Kids Explore." It is very pick-up-and-go. If you want a fun, but secular, supplement, you can't go wrong with ScienceWorks "Geology." THere are SUPER fun ideas in there, and Granda will love the reproducibles. You can look at the whole book online, and send Grandpa a link.

Along with this, you'll want a good rock collection.

Have fun!