Menu

I just don't get it - paypal question

Have you used the Request Money tag that is beside the send money tag at top of the page? It gives you a place for an e-mail and a monetary amount.

Or, when in doubt, give the person your e-mail address and they can send it to you.

HTH

Give whoever needs to pay you your PayPal associated email address. Then, when they go to PayPal to pay you, they click on "send money" and enter your email address in the "payee" box and the amount they owe you in the "amount" box. The money will be transferred from their PayPal account to yours. You don't need to do anything except give them your email address. HTH

These tabs should be on your paypal page:

My account......send money.....request money.....Merchant Services.....Auction Tools....Products and Services

If you give them your e-mail address, that you have listed with your account they might know how to send a payment. They would use their send money tab.

This is a copy and paste of what their page would look like....

Send Money

To (Email or mobile phone)

Amount

Amount

Currency:

(equals $0.00 USD) UpdateProcessing conversion . . .Click Continue to view the converted amount.

Send money for:

* Goods

* eBay Items

o PayPal recommends that you use eBay Checkout to pay for these items.

o If you prefer to pay on PayPal, click here.

* Services/Other

* Cash Advance (?)

Or you can go to your paypal account and hit the blue tab that says request money. You will need their e-mail address.

Request Money

You can request a payment from anyone with an email address even if they do not have a PayPal account.

Request Money

Recipient's email address(For group billing, separate multiple emails with commas or returns. You can specify different amounts for each person on the next page.)

Amount

Amount

Currency

(equals $0.00 USD) UpdateProcessing conversion . . .Click Continue to view the converted amount.

Request payment for:

* Goods

* Services

* eBay items

* Auction goods (non-eBay)

HTH's :001_smile:

Edited by cindyinTexas

Give whoever needs to pay you your PayPal associated email address. Then, when they go to PayPal to pay you, they click on "send money" and enter your email address in the "payee" box and the amount they owe you in the "amount" box. The money will be transferred from their PayPal account to yours. You don't need to do anything except give them your email address. HTH

OK, That sound very simple! I guess I just didn't think it was that simple. I thought I had to DO something. So, does the money go on my credit card? What does it mean that the money goes "into my paypal account"? How do I GET the money??? Does paypal send me a check? Thanks. I feel like an idiot!

I'll try to answer this one.

I just click on the tab below the Send/Request Money named Withdrawl (it is a white/grey color). It gives you three options: Transfer to Account, Request a Check and/or Use Debit card. It is fairly easy from there. You must decided which you prefer then follow the prompts. Not sure how you set yours up so I cannot be more specific. If you want a check they have your address on file and everything.

Clear as mud, I'm sure. Hope you get it figured out!!

You have to have a bank account listed with your paypal account for them to deposit it. I set up a separate one from our personal and withdraw everything but $100.00. It is a free checking as long as I keep $100.00 in it. I was to scared to link it to our regular accounts just in case.

You can also just leave that money in your paypal account for future purchases you may want to make. A ton of places on the internet accept paypal now.

Paypal has their own debit/credit card, if you have one they might be able to add it. I think I saw that somewhere, but I don't use it, so I am not sure.

HTH's

:D

Yea and what Trina said!!!

Edited by cindyinTexas