Menu

CC - What would you buy for a co-op?

vlshort

I'm thinking about doing CC as a co-op. I've heard the pros and cons of doing it this way, but cost is my problem. Since cost is also a concern for buying materials, what would you buy? Here's what I'm thinking....

VP Cards - yes, because that's the history timeline work

Essentials - no - I can't buy it anyway if not enrolled

IEW - yes, I'll buy the one that matches what we're studying

Would you:

Buy the Foundations manual to extract all of your other memory work

or -

Buy the memory cards instead

or -

Buy the CD's instead?

Any suggestions would be most helpful!

-vanessa

VP Cards - yes, because that's the history timeline work

Yes! Buy these. I laminated mine for $16.00 with pouches that go through a laminator.....the 6x9 size from OregonLam.com $5.95 flat rate shipping....See if you can get some others to go in on this with you. It's the cheapest best way. I hole punched mine on the bottom so the cards fall when practicing..

Essentials - no - I can't buy it anyway if not enrolled

Are your kids old enough for Essentials? IF so, then I hear that SHurley Grammar is really close...and gets the dialogue going.

IEW - yes, I'll buy the one that matches what we're studying You can probably find this used.

Would you:

Buy the Foundations manual to extract all of your other memory work

or -

Buy the memory cards instead

or -

Buy the CD's instead?

You can join the CC "C3" for about $6 a month. You'll need to join for a month at the beginning...and a month around the 11 wks mark. The put the memory work on there 12 weeks at a time. Everyone is suppose to purchase the book...but you can probably find a used one for really cheap....and make the corrections with a red pen.

Any suggestions would be most helpful!

-vanessa

Hope That Helps...

Carrie:-)

Actually, you can only join the CC C3 community at that price if you are part of a traditional CC group that's working with Leigh. You get that price by using a 90% off discount code.

Frankly, what I got from it wasn't even worth $6/month.

There is a yahoo group where you can get ideas:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ClassicalConversationsInterestGroup

There are other blogs, too. Here's one: (Post others if you have them.)

http://www.ccintally.blogspot.com/

Yup....that's right...only if you're part of a CC group, but I thought she meant that she was going to be part of a CC group.... I see now that you meant a co-op that uses some CC material.

I think that the C3 was well worth the $6 I spent. My kids really liked playing the tutorial. You can also get the Memory Resource CD....which is different than the Memory Work cd...

Thanks for the info! Do you find the Foundations manual helpful? Should I buy the Memory Cards, or the Memory work on CD? What seems to be the easiest way for a family to do the memory work (which resource)?

Thanks!

The foundations guide...and the Audio CD ...not the memory cards....but yes to the Veritas Press cards:-) And, if you have a pc computer....the Memory Work Resource CD...would be worth it....if you want the extras:-)

If you don't care about making corrections, you can get the 2nd edition Foundations Guide pretty cheap...probably:-)