Menu

Meet the Masters Art?

Hi Heather,

We used Meet the Masters a few years ago when my older boys were still in high school and it was a CD-ROM program. I has recently been changed to an online/download. We enjoyed it very much. I especially liked that we got to try our hands at different artist's masterpieces. I still have our Van Gogh Starry Night pictures hung in the study. I made one too....very fun. You get a variety of artists to learn about. I liked some of the art projects more so than others, but only because I personally didn't care for the artists 'style' and found their pictures not to my taste.

All in all I think it is a decent art program. It's not something I would want to use with my 6th grader though. It's a program, I feel, that is better suited to be done with siblings or classmates and my son is my last left schooling at home. Atelier, or something similar with a DVD teaching component would be better for our situation. With Meet The Masters, unless it has changed greatly, you are the one who actually teaches the art from the teacher manual...there is not a DVD teacher showing how things are to be done, or teaching it. The CD-ROM, when we used it, was for teaching about the artists and showing samples of his work, etc. Make sense? If it has changed greatly since I used it, I'm sure someone will pipe up and fill ya in. ;)