Menu

Australia

Guest jmemmbaker

Guest jmemmbaker

My family and I have just moved to NSW Australia and are looking for some friends!! We are in the Blue Mountains near Penrith. Have a ds 9, dd 7 and ds 4.

If anyone has lived here or has any advice please respond.

Thanks!!

Howdy Jen...Cole actually just wrote Ethan a letter two days ago as part of his Rod and Staff assignment...

How are you guys? How's the land down under? I've been meaning to respond to your emails and say howdy...and then I happened to come on the forums just now and noticed your post...how crazy is that????

Well, so are you guys homeschooling there...or what's the latest?? I just saw a news thing on Drudge report talking about the heat in Australia...is this effecting you...what's it like? I am still so jealous of you.

I look forward to catching up...probably from regular email...hope some people living in Australia respond. But for now, I am happy to say hello.

Emily B...your old neighbor in PH CA

Guest Busy time

Hi Jennifer,

We live in Sydney, near Kellyville (north west Sydney - known as the hills district, 45 mins east of the Blue Mts). How long since you moved here, and are you finding your way around?

I have a ds 7, dd 3 and ds 18mths. Ds 7 has started hs this year, after 2 years at school (now in Yr 2).

Happy to help, if you need any info etc.

Cheers

Raquel

Guest jmemmbaker

Raquel,

Thanks so much for your response. We moved to the area just before Christmas. My husband is working for the RAAF in Glenbrook for the next three years.

Are you involved in any HS groups in your area? Do they have Co Op groups? Do you order your HS materials from the US or are there places here to get used deals?

Have a great day!

Jennifer

Guest Busy time

Hi Jennifer,

I've only just started out, sooooooo there is heaps I don't know.

You could check out the following websites -

• Shen (Sydney Home Education Network), and
  • HEA - Home Education Association

There are groups all over Sydney, and would be stuff in your area. Each group is very different. Some examples:

• ice skating at Penrith
  • Norwest group - do group learning at Rouse Hill
  • HotchPotch - meet fornightly, for park trips and school type excursions. Meet more in the Parramatta area.
  • Shen meet once a month at Regents Park

Also, individual groups/people start different things as their kids need etc. Examples - swimming, gym, art, drama. This type of stuff is all over the place.

I have got most of my resources from the US (Rainbow Resources), plus getting the local bookshop to order stuff. Meant to be a good shop out your way - Nepean Educational Supplies (I think -not sure of the exact name).

Hope that gives you a headstart; and your not melting from the heat!

Cheers

Raquel