Menu

TOG/Bible Question

sted

Those of you who use TOG, how well do you think the program incorporates the Bible and Church history? I'm looking for a program to do that as it is a priority for our family. The program has interested me for a long time. Would I be happy with TOG in this regard?

Thanks,

Shannon

I am using TOG 1 this year, and am very happy with the Bible aspect. We are reading through the Old Testatment as the backbone of history, and match up ancient history topics to those time frames. We studied Ancient Egypt while reading Moses. We studied Sumeria while reading about Abraham. Many weeks our sole history is the Bible. I am very happy with the questions that are provided in the curriculum to help you think deeply about what you've read, and apply it. I think you can get additional info from the forum on www.tapestryofgrace.com.

-vanessa

Those of you who use TOG, how well do you think the program incorporates the Bible and Church history? I'm looking for a program to do that as it is a priority for our family. The program has interested me for a long time. Would I be happy with TOG in this regard?

Thanks,

Shannon

Shannon,

Yes TOG does a great job of covering Biblical history with secular, and church history in year 2 is heavy. In year 3 and 4 it will cover a combination of church history, missionaries, and the world view of other countries/religions. Now you can skip the last if you like (that is part of the beauty of TOG).

It does not have a Bible study that runs through all 4 years, though. It only covers Bible where it lines up with history, so I use Bible Study Guide for All Ages as well.

Heather.