Menu

Piano instruction website?

msjones

I am my children's piano teacher. We've been going at it for about 18 months. (Lessons are not in the budget...) It's going quite well -- we all enjoy it a lot and the boys have made lots of progress.

But, I don't really know what I'm doing and I'm wishing for more direction/guidance. I'm sure the boys have gaps in their knowledge, but I don't know what they are.:confused: (I can play well enough to teach them for now, but have lots of gaps in my own musical knowledge.)

Does anyone know of a website that would support someone like me?

And I am not an expert either! I use Piano Adventures by Faber and have found their program easy to follow. I've found a lot of ideas on their website for teachers: pianoteaching.com/forum. Of course, they are all experts there, and some of them think you need to be an expert to teach piano...but I did learn a lot by lurking on the forum. (As I do here!)

I do think it is good to emphasize theory--if only to lay a good foundation for when they move ahead of where you are!

It will be interesting to hear what others have to add.

I am my children's piano teacher. We've been going at it for about 18 months. (Lessons are not in the budget...) It's going quite well -- we all enjoy it a lot and the boys have made lots of progress.

But, I don't really know what I'm doing and I'm wishing for more direction/guidance. I'm sure the boys have gaps in their knowledge, but I don't know what they are.:confused: (I can play well enough to teach them for now, but have lots of gaps in my own musical knowledge.)

Does anyone know of a website that would support someone like me?

Can you find a piano teacher that might trade some math tutoring for piano lessons. I think that even once a month would help you feel supported.

Holly