Menu

Arizona Science Center

I posted previously on here about our upcoming trip to Phoenix. As I was researching some of the suggestions you all gave me, I found that the Arizona Science Center has homeschooling classes. I know this is a long shot but.... have any of you here ever attended any of these classes? Was it worth the cost? The classes are for 6+ but the lady I spoke to on the phone made it sound like it would be fine for my 5 yo to participate along with his older brother, 7 yo. She also made it sound like it would be fine to bring my 3yo along too and just let her play by herself. If you've done these classes does this seem reasonable (I'm not so worried about my 5yo, I think he'd do fine, I'm more concerned about my 3yo). Any other thoughts on these?

Oh, if I pay for a class does that also include admission to the museum?

Thanks!

I may have been one to recommend this but we haven't been there. They gave me a flyer last year at our hs convention, but my kids were too little to go, so I didn't pursue it. Looked like fun, though!

Guest janainaz

I'm in AZ and although I have not yet been there or attended classes, I have a few hs friends who have and have said it's really great and worth it.

Just last week a friend of mine showed me the website and all they have to offer homeschoolers and little ones, too! I live here, so I'm getting a year pass and then will pay for the extra classes for my kids.

If I were going to just go visit, I think I would not do the classes and just enjoy the museum. Apparently it has a lot to offer!

Also, we just went to the new children's museum downtown (across the street from the science center). It just opened and we went and it was fantastic for kids. I have a ds 8 and a ds 4 and they had a great time.

Have fun.

Thanks! The classes do look like fun and I'm glad to hear they sound like they are worth it. Looking over the website for the museum looks like it is great, I know my kids will love it. I'm still undecided if I will sign up for a class or not. We are actually going to be in Phoenix for a month or more so that is why I was thinking of doing the class. I also plan to just explore the museum on our own and maybe that is enough.

Thanks for your input!