Menu

Math Activities book for K?

mary.margaret

I am interested in a Math Activities book that would provide ideas for using manipulatives in Kindergarten. I don't want something programmed like Saxon K... just a book of activity ideas. Is there such a thing out there that is worth using?

Thanks,

Mary-Margaret

Edited by mary.margaret

Guest Alte Veste Academy
Guest Alte Veste Academy

I have used both and I like aspects of each. I like the presentation of Family Math a bit better, as it seems more orderly.

More Than Counting has many more activities so it might seem to be a better value. To me, however, that's countered by the fact that there are more activities that I wouldn't actually do, like ones that suggest manipulative objects that I don't have on hand (42 tiny squirrels for one activity). It also has book suggestions for different concepts.

Really, they're pretty similar in content. If you twist my arm, I would tell you I prefer Family Math because I like virtually every activity. Also, I absolutely prefer the clean presentation.

Kristina