Menu

Grade 8 Science

All my other kids are studying Life Science this year so I'd like to keep my 8th grader doing something similar.  I would like to use RSO Biology 2 and supplement it with a couple of Tiner's books.  I'm thinking we will get through RSO a bit faster since it's more for grade 5-7 so I thought I would round out the year with some Exploration Education (advanced level).  Does this sound like a decent plan of study for grade 8 or would it be too simple?

We are using RSO Bio2 right now & it’s pretty solid. 

Book-wise we are adding The Way We Work (extra details on the human body), Its Perfectly Normal (sex Ed), & It’s Catching! (viruses & bacteria). Possibly a couple of titles about major environmentalists if we have time. 

The game Cytosis was great for the unit on Cells & I’d love to grab a copy of Mendel for the Genetics unit. 

21 minutes ago, Shoes+Ships+SealingWax said:

We are using RSO Bio2 right now & it’s pretty solid. 

Book-wise we are adding The Way We Work (extra details on the human body), Its Perfectly Normal (sex Ed), & It’s Catching! (viruses & bacteria). Possibly a couple of titles about major environmentalists if we have time. 

The game Cytosis was great for the unit on Cells & I’d love to grab a copy of Mendel for the Genetics unit. 

Do you mean this game: Genotype: A Mendelian Genetics Game | Board Game | BoardGameGeek   Or something else?  If something else, could you link it for me, please?  I purchased a few chemistry games when we did chem and we do like incorporating games into our studies.  I enjoy it when things feel less like "school."