Menu

Parenting Dyslexics Resource

It's been over 4 years since I posted here! Hard to believe.  My three children, all dyslexic and all homeschooled for elementary/middle, are almost all grown and out of the house. My oldest daughter will graduate with a Masters of Athletic Training in May, my middle daughter is midway thru a Bachelor of Fine Arts and my youngest is a sophomore in public high school. It has been a long journey with many many ups and downs. I have been writing about my two decades experience homeschooling three dyslexic children and in that writing I have had lots of time to reminisce about these boards and just how much they helped me navigate homeschooling and learning disabilities. So just want to post a big public thank you for all the wisdom in this place!!

Second, I have started a completely free newsletter writing about my experience, which includes both homeschooling and navigating the transition to school for my dyslexic kids. I don't know if anything I write will be helpful to parents trying to help their dyslexic (or other learning difference) children navigate this world, but that is my intention. To give a bit back and maybe make a small dent in myths and misunderstandings that surround dyslexia. Here's the link. Hope it helps, even if just a little, just to know there are others who share this experience.

• Like 1