Menu

Reviews of high school biology with Dr. Kristin Moon at True North Homeschool Academy

Would you please share your experience with this class? Did you do labs at-home or in a small group? How well do you think it would work doing the labs in a small group each week? Do you feel that the course was academically strong? What did the weekly workload turn out to be? Did your student enjoy the class?

My son is currently enrolled in her biology class,  not in the honors track so I can't speak on those assignments. Some of the positives are Dr. Moon seems to be an excellent teacher, is very encouraging with her students and leads an enjoyable class. The work load each week usually contains multiple worksheets to complete along with videos to watch. The class does not follow a textbook but does give selected readings if your student prefers to have a physical book. 

We have completed labs on our own. So far there haven't been that many and they are pretty basic. At least for the regular track full lab reports are not required. Some of the labs require waiting several hours in between steps, so those would not be ideal for a group setting.

My son completed Novare's Introductory physics last year with Memoria Academy. I now realize I prefer that 2 day a week lecture format, and it was definitely more academically challenging. He really had to study to earn an A. For my student who prefers the math based sciences, the True North biology class has been fine.