Menu

My Serger came unthreaded

cin

But believe it or not, you will get the hang of it. Mine has the bottom thread (most difficult to do) often coming loose if I do something wrong or don't put it in just the right place. Just practice a few times.

It took me a few months to sit down and get the guts to work on threading one though so I hear your pain. It's not even mine. It belongs to my mother who has had it for maybe a couple years and has never used it. She watched the video and it overwhelmed her.

I think watching an overview on video is sometimes not a good thing. You look at the whole, big, complicated ordeal instead of just taking one little piece at a time out of the instructions.

Don't start using it with the blade on something you really like. I sliced a few things when the lower material pulled up. :( Thankfully, it was a little dress for my daughter that was already way too big for her and I just cut the damage off instead of hemming it up like I originally planned. It worked out.

I have a husqvarna, and I do love it! Janome is a good brand too, that is what my regular machine is. After dh got it threaded I whipped up skirts. I'm now onto pinning the waistband and hems. I sew everything with white thread, and just thread it when it is ABSOLUTELY necessary. I think my 3 yr old unthreaded it, my 6 yo knows to NOT touch mommy's machine.