Menu

OPGTTR and Primary Phonics

Parabola

I don't think there would be any problem with using both. We did for a while, but OPGTR just wasn't a good fit for my dd. The workbooks for Primary Phonics move very slowly, imo. We are just starting workbook 2, but are reading the readers from the 3rd set. These are by the same company that produces ETC, but I think Primary Phonics requires more writing (which is one thing I like about it).

Thanks Dawn.

Yes, OPGTTR doesn't work for everyone, does it?? I taught my first child to read without any books at all, so why I thought I needed one for second child I don't know. Must have been some kind of curriculum buying frenzy!

So, I don't love it, but it's working for dd, she's making great progress with it and why fix what isn't broken? But, she's also a child after mine own heart in that she loves workbooks...and I thought Primary Phonics looked great, and I know she'd like the storybooks that go with it as well as the workbooks.

Beth, isn't Phonics Pathways something like OPGTTR in that its a book for the parent to work through with the child, no writing and not a workbook type book?

Thanks for your input!!