Menu

Elemental Science editions

Erin K. D.

Hello,

I'm looking at used copies of Elemental Science books. Does anyone have familiarity with what changes they made from edition to edition? Specifically, I'm wondering what required books were listed in the original vs updated editions of Chemistry for the Grammar Stage, any notable difference in the contents or organization?  I borrowed an updated edition from a friend. Looking to buy a used copy for myself. Sometimes I see what I think is the original edition for sale, but don't know how it's different from the updated edition that I have seen. (I know the updated is not the current edition, but I'm not buying brand new, and I liked what I saw in the updated edition anyway lol.)

Edited by Erin K. D.

The preschool book(s) got changed a lot - the core reference book changed because the old one went out of print.

The grammar stage books used to use Janice Van....'s experiment books, but the newer version just includes the experiment in the teacher's guide. Other than that, I don't think the curriculum fundamentally changed.

• Thanks 1