Menu

Latin, specifically Noun & Verb Endings

SonshineLearner

I'm looking for cds that would help my children learn the following Endings. We are using Classical Pronunciation although it's really not too much different.

Noun Endings (Single and Plural 1st,2nd,3rd,4th,5th, declension)

Verb Endings (1st Conjugation, Present tense, Imperfect Tense, Future Tense, Present Perfect, Pluperfect, Future Perfect)

If anyone has suggestions, that'd be great! It's hard to compare the cds when I'm looking around at the possibilities...

Carrie:-)

Are there actually CDs with someone chanting the paradigms? I have never heard of any, but would be interested in looking at some if there are.

Yes. "Readings from Wheelock's Latin" is a 4-disc audio CD set (meaning that you can listen to it on a CD or an MP3 player) and it does include all the paradigms from the Wheelock's book, plus vocabulary and dramatic readings of the narrative passages. It is in Restored Classical pronunciation, spoken by a trained and professional Classicist, Mark Miner. It is produced by Dr. Richard LaFleur, editor of Wheelock's Latin. It runs about $40.

There's also Lyrical Latin, which includes the paradigms sung to familiar songs (ie. The Farmer in the Dell, Humpty Dumpty, Ode to Joy.) The singer is a folk artist (C.C. Couch) not a Classicist, but it's a clever idea. It costs about $20.

You can find both on Amazon.

Edited by latinteach

Oh, cool! We are using Latin Prep, but used LfC before that, and I liked they way it taught the paradigms with a chant. I would love to have something like that now...I think the Wheelock's one is probably more than we need, but the Lyrical Latin sounds like it might work, especially for my right-brained dd...I'll have to check both of these out. Thanks!